Happy Idul Fitri to all muslims in the world.
Please accept my deepest apology. For everything. Everything.
Wheatbran Biscuit (a.k.a. Digestive Biscuit)
Original Source: Fantastic Food – Chocolate & Baking, Parragon Publishing
Modified by Riana
75 gr butter (do not substitute)
3 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar
3 1/2 Tbsp castor sugar
(lternately, you can substitute both sugar with 7 Tbsp brown sugar or raw crystalize sugar)
1 cup wheatbran
1 cup flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
About 150 gr DCC for coating
- Prepare the ingredients. Preheat your oven at 180 degree centigrade. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line it with baking paper. In a medium bowl, mix together wheatbran, flour and baking powder.
- Beat the butter and two kinds of sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Stir in flour mixture, blend well with wooden spoon or spatula.
- Roll heaping teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet, allowing room for the cookies to spread during cooking.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with fork. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferrring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate, then dip each cookie in the chocolate to cover the base and come a little way up the sides. Place the cookies, chocolate side up, on a sheet of baking parchment or wax paper and allow to set in a cool place before serving.
Like everybody else, I, too, will disconnect myself from the net until the end of October. It’s not a long time. See you soon. And I hope your digestion works better this year.