Oh, well. Found the photo in my hard drive and suddenly realized I never published it except in my own head. You think I’m a little ‘cuckoo’, you might be right. Are you scared? *grin*
What I love about these cookies is that, first, it was cinnamon and nothing but cinnamon. Second, it used wholewheat flour instead of white flour. To my palate, whole grain has more layers of flavour than the plain white one. And third, again, it’s cinnamon.
Was it good? My God, yes. Perfect for the coming Ramadhan and Idul Fitri.
I took the recipe from HillBilly Housewife, but I think it was very similar with the recipe from Allrecipes.com except that it uses butter instead of margarine. Use whichever you fancy since it doesn’t make much different. I’ll use butter for the second time around, not that margarine will make it bad though. Now, let’s roll.
Recipe adapted from HillBilly Housewife
1/2 c margarine or butter
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c palm sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c wholewheat flour
To roll the dough in, mix:
2 Tbs sugar + 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven at 190 degree celsius.
- Beat margarin/butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients, stir well with wooden spoon.
- Ball the dough, roll in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Arrange on a lined or greased cookie sheet, flatten with bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on a rack, transfer to your.. mouth!
And happy Ramadhan.